Cocktail rings are usually oversized jazzed up rings. They are quite a dramatic and a glamorous ring. Nowadays, a cocktail rings can be worn to many different kinds of occasions or even as part of a casual outfit.
Cocktail rings first came into fashion in the early 1930s and they grew in popularity throughout the 1940s and 1950s, as cocktail parties continued to be one of the most popular events. Many people still wears a cocktail ring with huge diamonds, emeralds or other large precious or semi-precious gems for formal dressy occasions and these cocktail rings are especially in very demand for events like premieres of films, Broadway theater productions, and award shows like the Oscars and Grammy.
Cocktail rings can be worn on any finger but the ring finger of the left hand is where it is worn ideally. The right hand ring finger is also often chosen, though the ring may also be worn on the index finger as well. Anything and everything from the art deco period, to big flowery ring and even with rhinestones, is considered highly desirable. These rings are larger and bolder than the average ring. So many celebrities adorn this look. It looks great with both ethnic and western wear. It looks good especially on those who have big hands.
So girls, let your hand do the talking and be your own lord of the rings with cocktail rings.
Ladies, I am sure you are all set for the Karwachauth festival. Till now we have been telling you how to deck up and capturing all the latest trends. Now only one day to go before the actual fasting we are discussing to give you some fasting tips to make you feel energetic and healthy throughout the day. Keeping a whole day fast can take toil on your body. You might face health issues like acidity, nausea, dizziness, weakness and low blood pressure. Hope these fasting tips keep your health problems at bay.
Before the fast
Traditionally, Karva Chauth fast starts by eating ‘Sargi’ which is traditionally prepared by mother in law and generally one eats it early in the morning before sunrise. The meal usually includes sweets like ‘Pheni’ (milk and semolina), flat potato breads or Aloo parathas and some fruits, nuts and dry fruits. After taking the first mean one does not consume even a single drop of water till the moon appears. Ladies, make sure you eat right and really hydrate yourself well to keep going till the moon appears.
Having wholegrain Parantha with is a healthier option. This healthy change ensures that you get some proteins along with carbohydrates. To avoid developing acidity and gas, make sure your meal is low-fat and is not too heavy on the stomach. Too avoid nausea don’t drink too much of water. Also, make sure you have at least 2-3 fruits probably banana and apple and also eat nuts like almonds, walnuts, figs along with it. This will add a satisfying source of energy to your meal. Adding lime water will add more electrolytes and you will feel less thirsty.
After the fast is over
Normally after worshiping the moon and praying for the longevity for their husband’s life one’s take first sip of the water and after meals. Avoid eating too sweet and fried foods immediately after the fast. A balanced meal along with some celebratory foodies is a best way to start with. A balanced meal includes vegetables, cottage cheese, curds, rotis or chapattis; You can also have some rice with pulses and Dal. Including buttermilk is also a good way to re-hydrate your body. You can have kheer or rasmalai in sweets. Avoid taking tea and coffee directly after the fast as this can really cause discomfort and vomiting.So ladies,with these tips enjoy this fast in the healthiest way possible.
Festive season is in the air. Hair is an essential part of woman’s beauty. Without beautiful head gears this festival is incomplete.Floral and ethic jewellery can turn the game around for you and make you look very beautiful and trendy. Here are top 7 head accessories which can make you stand out this festive season.
Maangtikka– You can choose from end number of variety to rajasthani tikka to polki Mang tikka to emerald maang tikka all are very in and very trendy. This festive season pep yourself up by flaunting a ravishing tikka.
Passa– is also becoming hot favorite of many. Passa gives you a very contemporary regal feel. Passa gives you stunning look in no times. It is a very popular hair ornament and gives you a very glamorize feel.
Floral crown– Every thought of becoming a princess of paradise this one is for you, Floral crown a head wrap of flowers makes you look ultra feminine. It is one of the prettiest and easiest head accessories to carry. Trust me you will love the both the feel and the look of it.
Flower Garland– Traditionally known as Gajara. Roses, Jasmine and marigold flowers are used in this garland making. It is really high on fragrance. If you are planning to wear a saree you have to don with sweet smelling Gajara.
Matta Patti– looks very grandeur set it with high puff and lehenga with a nice pair of danglers.It is a traditional Indian head jewellery usually with one or more layered chains that flow along the hair line to form a jewellery piece. If you like statement dressing this head accessory is surely for you.
Contemporary head gears– If you donot want to go for traditional matta patti then this is a contemporary solution for you.If you find traditional jewellery too heavy for you then this is your real time solution. If you are planning to wear fusion dresses then go with this hair accessory.
Pearl bun pins-Hair bun pin clips simply look exotic and are a versatile head accessory. You can team it up with traditional gowns to lehenga to kurtis.
So tell us ladies ,which head accessory you are wearing this festive season.
Glam up, yourself this Diwali with ethnic and intricately carved jewel pieces. These eloquent pieces give you a very ethnic and dreamy feel. This diwali get inspired from reminiscent of ancient design. These days, jewelry is spruced with Burmese rubies, Colombian emeralds, sapphires, spinels and natural salt water pearls are also very in. Rose cut and uncut diamonds are also trending well.
Trending ethnic jewellery for this Diwali
Bold, big and dramatic jewels are in trend. Bracelets, armlets, bangles, maang teekas, belly chains, anklets, jhumkas, rani haars and chokers will definitely go well with your ethic dresses. Keeping the festival in mind many jewelry designers are keeping their best foot forward and are coming with exquisite pieces.
Here are our top picks to glamorize your Diwali:
- A delicate pair of Armlets, adorned with gold bells will just look stunning. Colors like aqua, gold and red are very in this festive season. Bells give the armlets and bangles very traditional and look.
- A pair of Jhumkas looks very traditional and beautiful. It is one of my personal favorite Indian accessories. If you are buying artificial designer jewellery , opt for oxidized jewellery.
- A princess Necklace gives your ethnic outfit a very royal, breezy feel. If you are planning to wear a traditional gown this neck piece will only adds stars to your outfits. It is definitely a classic and timeless piece of jewellery.
4. A matinee necklace– If you are the one who likes contemporary and emerald pieces. This piece is your baby then. Long necklaces such as matinee necklaces look very nice with ethic wear.
- Kundan necklace– Always looks royal and nice. Three lines Kundan necklace accentuates your traditional look instantly and goes very well with lehenga and traditional brocade skirts.
Hope, this jewels ideas is going to make you look like a million bucks.
Why should ladies have all the gifts? Men should also be treated special and as lovable as their counterparts. If your husband is too sweet and he always keeps fast with you then he must be shower with nice gifts. Here are some coolest fashionable gifting ideas which he might like
Gym wear– Give him a nice pair of sports shoes of Nike or Reebok. If he wears track suits this could also be nice choice in gym wear.
Jewellery – Men don’t like receiving jewellery that much but once in a while it’s an ok splurge for them to do so. You can opt for a love band or gold Punjabi Kada. A gold chain can also be a nice option.
Ties- Men like wearing Ties especially in their board meetings. If you hubby works in big corporate houses this gift will definitely fit the bill.
Cell phone, ipad cases- Men pay little attention to accessories unless your man is much updated on style quotient. Their gadget could be very up to date but if you pay attention to their cover or cases, you may find it very boring. So a nice and stylish case could make a nice gift option.
Perfumes- It’s a one think which men love to receive the most. Whatever their favorite brand may be; be it Hugo boss, Versace or Ferrari a nice addition is always welcome.
Wallets-is something which is going to be with them for most of the time. So a nice wallet from code or Tommy Hilfiger could make a lovely gift in this festive occasion.
Cuff links– Stylish cufflinks are now a days in every men’s wardrobe. There are plenty of designs to choose from. You can even gift him a tie and cufflink set. So, I hope this idea will help in making your Karwa Chauth even more lovable.
With our styling tips, put your best foot forward as far as makeup and fashion trends are concerned. A brief about Karwa Chauth festival-Karwa Chauth is an Indian festival celebrated in north regions of India in which women keeps fast for their husbands wishing for their long life and well being. As far as fashion part is concerned women often dresses up in new colorful traditional outfits and also wear lots of makeup and heavy jewlleries during the festival.
Styling tips for karwa chauth as follows:
- Choose brighter and colorful shades of outfits. You can go for frock style suits, heavy sarees and glittery traditional gowns. Colors such as red, pink, orange and other bridal shades are ideal for the occasion
- Invest in nice pair of bangles. Colorful bangles go very well with the traditional outfits. Mix and match your bangles. Ladies just play with colors
- Get yourself a nice nail art with beautiful mehendi (henna) designs. Nail art with Mehendi will accentuate your traditional look.
- Wear light makeup as you are keeping everything heavy. Don’t miss the sindoor and bindi to complete the traditional look
- A top bun looks great on traditional outfit. Tongs and high puff braid are also very in for this season.
- Get your beauty treatments such as facials, hair color, manicure and pedicure done prior one week before.
Karva Chauth festival is all about women singing, fasting and getting into merry mood and of course nothing makes women feel better than dressing well, especially when they are doing it for their life partners. Be it clothes, jewellery or makeup, everything adds to the feel good factor on this festive day. So, keep these styling tips in mind and beautify yourself like never before on this Karva Chauth. BTW , Happy fasting Ladies.
What to wear for Diwali Office parties?
Diwali festival is almost here. You are still confused, what to wear at your office party for the Diwali celebration? We will give you the solution. Here are some coolest ideas which you could use while you are dressing yourself for your office Diwali party.
Traditional Attire for the gentlemen
Take out your khadi kurtas and team it with your denims. For shoes, you can go for mojris, jhootis and chappals . Don’t forget to wear a watch to complete your look.
- Go for bright hues such as orange, red, yellow, navy blue, neon green and sky blue as bright colors look lovely on traditional outfits.
- Sherwani and pathani suits can also give you desires traditional look. Avoid too heavy embellishments
- If you really want to go and try something extreme in traditional wears, opt for silk kurtas. It gives you a complete ethnic look at your festive parties.
Accessories for Men at Diwali parties
- Wear stylish kurta’s buttons and hand cuffs
- If you have traditional bracelets, team it with your traditional attire
- A classic watch is a must
- If you like to carry a stole with your kurta’s then colorful stoles are good investments.
Traditional attires for all the lovely ladies
It’s a Diwali party , so gals put all your western wear aside and grab yourself a nice traditional outfit.
- You can go for flared skirts with a potali style latkans with a corset top. Team it with an ethnic neckpiece. Go for contrasting shades for example; supposedly if you are going for orchid pink lehenga at the bottom then go royal blue corsets at the top.
- Traditional jaipuri style jackets are very in this season, team it with a nice dhoti pants and to complete the look, pair it with jhootis.
- Traditional kurtis will never go out of fashion, go for softer hues such as peach, pink, aqua and orange which are easy to eyes.
- Metallic traditional Kurtis and palazzo are also very in this season. Opt for Golden, silver, amber and red hues.
- Go for a crop top or choli with a flaire skirt. It’s a new style and will definitely make all the head turns.
- You could also opt for sarees and traditional gowns.
Accessories for women
- Carry traditional bags and clutch with embellishments and embroideries.
- Metallic neck pieces will only add more and more bling to your traditional outfit.
- Heavy traditional danglers and pearl earrings go very well with the traditional outfits.
- Ethnic and antique jewellery will only add stars to your chosen look.
Hope this pointer’s helps you in receiving lovely complements from your colleagues and seniors.
I wish a very happy and colorful Holi to all my lovely readers. Play a safe Holi with colorful Gulaal only, stay away from solid colors and save water this Holi. Let this joyful festival fill all the beautiful colors in your life and make it happier and healthier.
Take care of your skin and hair especially and stay away from colors made with harmful chemicals.
A festival brings lots of joy and happiness with it but a festival like Holi not only brings joy but also disasters for hair and skin. The chemicals used in making colors damage the hair. So it is very important to protect the hair on Holi. Below, some tips before and after the Holi are given. So have a look;
How to prevent hair from chemicals on Holi;
- Tie up your hair when you are going to play Holi, so that little area would be acquired by the colors.
- It would be better if you cover your hairs with any plastic cover. It would protect your hair completely.
- Take a hair massage with coconut oil. If your scalp is sensitive, then you can add lemon drops in the oil.
How to remove color from hairs;
It is not compulsory to apply the shampoo at the very beginning of hair wash after playing the Holi. First of all, with the help of water remove all the color which can be removed without using shampoo. Only after that, apply any mild shampoo to wash your hair. (For skin care tips for Holi Read this article.)
The colorful festival of Holi is just about to come. You must be very exciting about playing with colors obviously. But there is a problem. Gulaal and other synthetic colors are made with chemicals which are harmful for skin. It is very important to take care of your skin especially at the day of holi. Below I am giving you some tips that how to prevent your skin from the harmful chemicals on Holi;
Preventions before Holi;
- Apply mustard oil on the skin of face, hands and neck. Do not miss the area around the ears because it is sometimes ignored. The removal of colors becomes easy if you have applied mustard oil to your skin one night before the Holi festival.
- Some people may not like the stickiness of mustard oil so for those people, there is a better choice of coconut oil. Coconut oil is enriched with vitamin E which nourishes the skin and protects from harmful components of color.
- A moisturizer is quite enough to protect you from the harmful chemicals of colors used in Holi.
After Holi, removal of colors;
- Aloe Vera gel is supposed to be best for the skin. Scrub your face with aloe Vera gel and see the results.
- Wash your face with cucumber juice. Cucumber has refreshing quality which can provide relief to your skin after Holi.
- If you have sensitive skin, then I would suggest for not scrubbing your face because it can worsen the situation.
Gifting on special occasions is very ordinary and do you really think that just by giving a gift to your partner will make your day of love as special as you want it to be? Even I am also annoyed by deciding gifts and simply giving it to that person. And of course, something interesting only can make it special. So here are some ideas to make your Valentine’s Day special;
- Leaving a bad habit – Trust me this is going to work amazingly. I know this is hard but remember that this is going to make him/her happy. Leave a bad habit which annoys your partner and just by doing this, you will make this Valentine’s Day actually special.
- Creating a gift by yourself – Make something from your own hand and something which your partner needs. You can create any crafty thing made by junk. Though it can be a lovable poem created by you only.
- Expressing your love in front of people – There are some people which love to explore this “love” thing and want his/her partner to express love in front of people. If you know that your partner like such things, then don’t resist yourself. Go for it now.
- Expressing love in a filmy way – Yeah guys! I am not kidding and I am damn serious about it. Being fun loving is surely not a crime and some people just love such sort of fun. First of all, you must know which film actor/actress your partner likes. Then in the style of that actor/actress, tell your partner how you feel for him/her.
I really hope that these above ideas can help my lovely readers.
This is a very obvious question for the people who are single and happy to be so. But the hype which is usually created around this day makes everyone feel like this is the special day for couples only. Isn’t it sometimes annoying? I mean is it compulsory to have a partner to celebrate this day of love. Can’t we dedicate this day to our loved ones in our family or friend circle who are important for us?
Friends! Don’t get puzzled, I am just trying to say that Valentine’s Day is considered as the day of love. A day dedicated to those lovely people, who love us. It can be our parents, siblings, spouse, friends or anyone. This Valentine’s Day, let them know how much we love them and how important they are in our life.
So guys! Celebrate the day of love with all the lovely people existing in your life and have fun this Valentine’s Day. This is my idea to enjoy 14th February. What is yours?
Customized gifts are very common when you decide to gift it to any loved one. As the Valentine’s Day is just around the corners, people have started deciding gifts for their loved ones. Usually it does take time to decide what to pick as a gift and in which way it is to be customized.
In this situation, people usually switch to online options as there are so many sites which provide ravishing range of designs for customized gifts. Recently I went through some sites, which have a great collection of such goods. So I decided to share the names of such sites so that you can also go through it and check out the exciting collection and offers.
Fashable team wishes a very happy and prosperous New Year to all the lovely people here. Thank you so much for the love and affection you showed in 2014. So let’s welcome 2015 with warm-heartedness and pray for an enthusiastic year ahead. Stay tuned with us and have fun!
Hello friends! Wish you all merry Christmas and a very happy and prosperous new year in advance. We are organizing a Christmas and New Year contest and we invite all our readers to participate and win exciting samplers. All you have to do is just to tell us which 5 posts you liked the most on fashable in year 2014. The topmost posts will be featured in our countdown on New Year.
As a token of thanksgiving, we will give you attractive skin care samplers. The contest is starting from tomorrow (25th dec 2014) and will end on 31st dec 2014. Send us your answers and details on [email protected]. If you have any query regarding this contest, contact through this email id. Guys, it is just a one week contest so hurry up………