Packed with vitamin C, amla or the Indian gooseberry contains numerous nutrients that actually help you live a longer and healthier life. Also, the presence of compounds like polyphenols, minerals like Iron and zinc and vitamins like Carotenes and Vitamin B complex in amla make it a very versatile fruit.
Some of the common benefits of Indian gooseberries are
- Amla shampoos and hair oil are traditionally believed to nourish the hair and scalp and thus prevent premature grey hair.
- Antioxidants act as free radical scavengers thus protecting healthy cells from the attack of the harmful free radicals and prevent your skin from premature ageing.
- This versatile edible fruit also helps in proper absorption of insulin leading to a drop in blood sugar in diabetics.
- Consume one teaspoon of amla juice on an empty stomach to deal with acidity and resolve a stomach upset. It is rich in fiber and anti inflammatory properties.
- If you suffers from mouth ulcers amla juice could be a great remedy for you.
- Amla is very useful and beneficial in improving eyesight. It also reduces reddening, itching and watering. Mix 2 teaspoons of amla juice in half a cup of water and drink it every morning to get better eyesight.
- Amla helps in reducing pigmentation. With regular use, it brightens dull and dry skin.
- Amla oil is also an effective treatment for lice and dandruff.
- Drinking amla juice with honey twice daily can relieve asthma and bronchitis complications.
- Amla juice can cure obesity by increasing protein levels which helps in reducing unwanted fat.. It reduces the cholesterol levels, thus minimizing the risk of heart attacks.
With its numerous benefits indeed it is regarded as wonder fruit. Drinking amla juice twice a day can do wonders for your body and skin.