Hi beautiful ladies! This is my first post in 2015 so I am quite excited and I wanted to share with you something which I found very interesting and I hope you will enjoy this post as well. Today we are going to eye on prosthetic makeup and its increasing craze and use in bollywood. But before that I want you to know what prosthetic makeup is. Basically prosthetic makeup is originated from Hollywood industry.
It is used to modify the appearance of a person temporarily by some special makeup techniques and specific prosthetic materials. In movies, when you see actors with extra fat on their body or changed appearances (like when a boy plays the character of a girl), it is done by prosthetic makeup and since a very long time it has been popular in Bollywood and below I have compiled names of some actors and who have undergone through it including their movies;
- Amitabh Bachchan – In movie PAA, Amitabh ji wore this makeup as he played the role of progeria patient.
- Govinda – one of the most hilarious actors of Bollywood. He wore this makeup in so many movies like Aunty no 1, Hadh kar di aapne etc and I just love his character in Aunty no 1 which simply implicates that only Govinda can do it.
- Shahrukh Khan – The king of Bollywood wore it for his movie Ra.One as he was character was a superhero who comes out of a video game.
- Kamal Hassan – I used to watch his movie Chachi 420 again and again during my childhood. And moreover he wore prosthetic makeup for some of his south Indian movies also.
- Hrithik Roshan – He wore this makeup in Dhoom 2 in which he played the role of a thief.
- Anil Kapoor – In movie “Badhaai Ho Badhaai” Anil Kapoor was shown as a fatso with the help of prosthetic makeup.
- Ranbir Kapoor – In movie “Barfi” Ranbir Kapoor was shown old by prosthetic makeup.
- Priyanka Chopra – This talented actress wore prosthetic makeup in her movies Whats your Raashee, Saat Khoon Maaf and Mary Kom.
- Vidya Balan – In her movie Bobby Jasoos, she wore prosthetic makeup and shown pregnant in movie “Kahani” by prosthetic techniques.
- Mallika Sehrawat – Do anyone remember her disastrous movie Hisss in which she played the role of a “Naagin”? she wore heavy prosthetic makeup to look like a snake.
One thing which I must say is that usually this makeup takes about 4 to 6 hours for applying and actors have to stay for long hours without eating and drinking and this shows the dedication of our actors for acting.